How do you use pile up in a sentence?
get or gather together.
- Unpaid bills began to pile up alarmingly.
- Problems were beginning to pile up.
- Three people were hurt in a 12-car pile up on a fog-bound motorway yesterday.
- Boats often pile up on the rocks in the shallow water.
- The work has a tendency to pile up if I’m not careful.
What is the sentence of piled?
Piled sentence example. They all piled into the SUVs. The shed was piled high with wood. The men piled into two Tahoes, and the woman led her to a small Honda.
What is the meaning of piled up?
pile up. 1. Accumulate, as in The leaves piled up in the yard, or He piled up a huge fortune. In this idiom pile means “form a heap or mass of something.” [
How do you use up in a sentence?
Up sentence example
- Then he picked up another box. …
- He should have gone up garret at once. …
- Katie picked up the plate, her focus on Carmen. …
- The conductor helped her off the car and then the engineer started his train again, so that it puffed and groaned and moved slowly away up the track.
What is pile and example?
The definition of a pile is a mass of things lumped or stacked on top of each other. An example of pile is a mound of clothes on top of a bed.
What is a pile on?
US, informal. : to join other people in criticizing something or someone in usually an unfair way After the first few negative reviews, all the other critics started piling on.
How do you use heap in a sentence?
Heap sentence example
- She wilted to a heap and fell to the floor. …
- Jule had moved and collapsed in a heap a few feet away. …
- Sitting silent and motionless on a heap of straw against the wall, Pierre sometimes opened and sometimes closed his eyes. …
- Given what he’s hearing and seeing now, it makes a heap of sense.
Was piled up?
To add or increase (something, such as criticism) abundantly or excessively. 1. To accumulate: Work is piling up.
What does file up mean?
to place (a legal document) on public or official record; register. 12 tr to bring (a suit, esp. a divorce suit) in a court of law. 13 tr to submit (copy) to a newspaper or news agency. 14 intr to march or walk in a file or files.
What is the meaning of pilled up?
1. Accumulate, as in The leaves piled up in the yard, or He piled up a huge fortune. In this idiom pile means “form a heap or mass of something.” [