Can I mail liquids in the mail?
The important thing to remember is that you are allowed to mail non-flammable, non-corrosive, non-explosive, non-odoriferous and non-hazardous liquids with the USPS. … In addition, non-hazardous creams and pastes are considered by the USPS to be liquids and can also be mailed.
What liquids can be sent through the mail?
Can You Ship Liquids Through USPS?
- You can send non-hazardous and non-flammable items in sealed containers, as long as the package is labeled appropriately and displays the exact ingredients.
- To send more than 4oz, you need to triple-pack the container with insulating materials and leakproof, sealed containers.
How do you pack liquids for shipping?
How to Ship Liquids Safely
- Seal Your Item Well. Your item should have a double seal. …
- Put the Item in a Waterproof Bag. The best way to prevent your item from leaking is to bag it. …
- Securely Pack Your Item. …
- Seal and Mark the Box.
Why does USPS ask about liquids?
Employees of the United States Postal Service, or USPS, are trained to ask customers whether the package they are shipping contains anything liquid, hazardous, perishable or breakable. This determines whether additional precautions will be necessary during the mailing process.
How do I ship liquids FedEx?
If your shipment contains liquid or perishable products that could contain liquids, double-bag the products using minimum 2-mil watertight plastic bags and line the inside of the foam container with a minimum 2-mil plastic liner and absorbent material.
Can I ship hand sanitizer?
To ship hand sanitizers including wipes, you must use USPS Retail Ground, Parcel Select, or Parcel Select Lightweight. … Most hand sanitizers, including wipes, contain alcohol and are flammable in nature and are therefore handled and shipped as hazardous matter (HAZMAT) in the U.S. Mail.
Can you mail alcohol as a gift?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) prohibits sending alcoholic beverages through the mail, but you can ship alcohol via couriers, such as FedEx or UPS if you’re a licensed alcohol shipper.
Can you ship liquids priority mail?
The outer mailing container must be strong enough to protect glass containers from crushing or breaking. Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes provided by the USPS are generally strong enough to contain liquids with appropriate cushioning, while Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes aren’t recommended for shipping liquids.
How do I mail liquids USPS?
USPS allows shipping of non-hazardous liquids, as long as they are in sealed containers with all contents clearly labeled. If you want to ship over 4 oz. of liquid, you must use insulating materials, triple-pack your boxes and use tightly sealed containers like shipping glass bottles.
How do you send liquids through the post?
Liquids under 1 litre
- UK & International – Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
- Items must be securely closed and placed in a leak-proof inner liner, such as a sealed polythene bag and in a leak-proof outer.
- Mark as “FRAGILE” when sending glass bottles.