What is the meaning of give up and make a sentence?
give up. to stop trying to do something. They gave up without a fight. She doesn’t give up easily.
What is a good sentence for give?
[M] [T] She got the money from him even though he said that he wouldn’t give it to her. [M] [T] She bought him a dog. However, he was allergic to dogs, so they had to give it away. [M] [T] She asked him to give her some money so she could go to a restaurant with her friends.
What are some examples of giving up?
Peter has decided to give up smoking in order to live a healthier lifestyle. We gave up the wallet that we picked up in front of the movie theatre to the police, so that they could find the owner. My best friend has been in such a bad mood the last few weeks that I have decided to give up on her.
What is the sentence of give back?
It is wonderful to give back to the ones you love so dearly. We give back one percent of our profits to environmentally focused programs. Modern girls and women want to give back to the environment.
How do you give up?
Gave-up sentence example
- The phone rang ten times before Lisa gave up . …
- Finally she put down her fork and gave up the pretense. …
- Deidre gave up everything to be with you. …
- Maybe Josh finally gave up what he always assumed would be his. …
- So, you gave up on feeding and bought three suits you don’t want?
What give up means?
intransitive verb. : to cease doing or attempting something especially as an admission of defeat : quit —often used with on don’t give up on the project.
What are sentences 10 examples?
10 example of simple sentence
- Does he play tennis?
- The train leaves every morning at 18 AM.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- I love my new pets.
- They don’t go to school tomorrow.
- We drink coffee every morning.
- 7.My Dad never works on the weekends.
- Cats hate water.
What is the meaning of put up with?
phrasal verb. If you put up with something, you tolerate or accept it, even though you find it unpleasant or unsatisfactory.
Is it gave up or give up?
We spent all day looking for the dog, but we gave up when it got dark. Give up is often followed by a verb in its present participle (-ing) form: When nightfall came, we gave up looking for the lost dog. I’ve given up trying to reason with you.
When should we give up?
8 Times Giving Up Is A Good Thing
- When you know in your heart that it’s not going to work out. …
- When you don’t want that thing (or person) anymore. …
- When pursuing your goal is making you really, really unhappy. …
- When the only reason you haven’t quit already is because you’re worried about what other people will think.
How do you use give off in a sentence?
to produce something such as a smell, heat, light, etc.
- The flowers gave off a fragrant perfume.
- The fire doesn’t seem to be giving off much heat.
What is the phrasal verb of give up?
The phrasal verb give up can mean ‘to surrender‘ i.e. to stop trying and admit defeat. It can be used when we can’t answer a quiz/test question someone asks us. Give up as ‘stop trying’: Example – “You’ll never guess the answer – do you give up?”
How do you use give away in a sentence?
- to give something as a gift. He gave away most of his money to charity. …
- to present something. The mayor gave away the prizes at the school sports day.
- to carelessly allow somebody to have an advantage. They’ve given away two goals already.