What should I delete when my iPhone storage is full?
21 Fixes for the iPhone “Storage Almost Full” Message
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.
How do I clear my iPhone storage without deleting everything?
How to clear space on your iPhone without deleting photos
- Attempt to rent a movie with a large file size. …
- Delete unused or unnecessary storage-eating apps. …
- Delete old text messages. …
- Stop using My Photo Stream. …
- Don’t keep both photos when you enable HDR mode. …
- Clear your browser’s cache. …
- Turn off automatic app updates.
Why is my iPhone Storage full when I have iCloud Storage?
For most Apple users, backups, photos, and messages can take up half of your storage space or more. … Backups of your devices are often the culprits behind a full iCloud storage space. It’s entirely possible you had your old iPhone set to upload backups to the cloud automatically, and then never removed those files.
How do I clear up Storage?
Use Android’s “Free up space” tool
- Go to your phone’s settings, and select “Storage.” You’ll see information on how much space is in use and a list of file categories.
- Tap on the “Free up space” button.
What happens to iPhone when storage is full?
Run out of space and your iPhone will inform you your storage is almost full. You won’t be able to install new apps, take photos, sync media files, install operating system updates, or do anything else that requires space until you make some. Remove apps, media files, and other data you don’t use to free up space.
Why is my phone storage full after deleting everything?
If you’ve deleted all the files you don’t need and you’re still receiving the “insufficient storage available” error message, you need to clear out Android’s cache. … (If you are running Android Marshmallow or later, go to Settings, Apps, select an app, tap Storage and then choose Clear Cache.)
How do I upgrade my iPhone storage?
How to upgrade on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I free up Storage on my iPhone without deleting apps?
Free up space on iPhone without deleting apps
- Delete iMessage attachment files.
- Disable Photo Stream.
- Turn off sharing photos in iCloud.
- Disable saving duplicate photos when shooting in HDR.
- Delete “Burst Mode” photos.
- Delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
- Clear Safari cache.
- Clean up iBooks, Videos and Podcasts content.
How do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting music?
TRICK THE GENIUSES Simple hack that lets you free up hundreds of megabytes of storage space on your iPhone – without deleting ANYTHING. Go into Settings, then General, then Storage & iCloud Usage and then Manage Storage. Find Apple Music on the list. You can swipe to delete individual songs or you can select All Songs.
Why is my Storage full when I have no apps?
In general, the lack of working space is probably the main cause of having insufficient storage available for Android users. Tap the specific app to see the storage space occupied by the app, its data (the Storage section) and cache (Cache section). Tap Clear Cache to empty cache to free up some space.