What does souped mean in slang?
Adjective. souped (comparative more souped, superlative most souped) (Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, slang) Excited. In trouble or in difficulty. ( Compare in the soup.)
What does it mean when a car is souped up?
1 : to increase the power, efficiency, or performance of soup up an engine Some cars souped up with customized engines and suspensions may be uninsurable through standard policies. —
How do you soop a car?
How to Soup Up Your Car
- Install a new air filter in your car. A better air filter improves power because it provides more air for combustion. …
- Put a new exhaust system on your car. …
- Install performance cylinder heads. …
- Install a chip in your car that will fine tune the electrical systems to maximize power.
What’s another word for souped up?
What is another word for souped up?
Where does souped up come from?
Soup’s up! Souped-up must at root derive from super, as in supercharger. This term for a device to increase the pressure of the fuel-air mixture in an engine to improve its performance is known from 1919.
What does souped up mean in the outsiders?
Souped up. Something modified or upgraded for performance or looks (usually cars)
How do you spell Supe?
- plural -s.
What is a supe?
(dated, slang, theater) A extra or walk-on. noun. 1.
What’s up etymology?
What’s up can be traced back to the early 19th century, appearing in English works of fiction as a question or a greeting. It often referred to an event or problem that was “up.” Later iterations, including wassup, whassup, whaddup, and wazzup evolved from slurring the consonants of the original phrase.
How can I improve my 0 60 time?
10 tips for increasing 0-60 speeds for your vehicle:
- Reduce any and all non-essential weight from the vehicle (spare tires, jack, tools, racks, rails, rear seating, door panels). …
- Open up the exhaust. …
- Add a supercharger. …
- Stiffer suspension and bushings. …
- Change your tires to a stickier compound.
How can I make my v8 faster?
The Best Ways To Make Your Car Go Faster
- Upgrade Your Spark Plugs. …
- Get New Electric Fans. …
- Look At Your Exhaust System. …
- Reduce Your Car’s Weight. …
- Order A New Exhaust Header. …
- Install A Larger Diameter Throttle Body.