What means Wanna catch up?
It is usually in person but it can also be online. Catching up with someone has a more specific meaning – you haven’t seen each other for a while and so you catch up with each other in order to find out the latest news. Catching up is a bit like ‘checking in’ with someone who you are a bit out of touch with.
What does it mean catch up with someone?
1 or US catch up to : to move fast enough to join (someone or something that is in front) Slow down so that I can catch up with you. She ran as fast as she could, but she couldn’t catch up to her brother.
Is catch up slang?
slang To stop using drugs. Yeah, she used to use drugs, but she’s catching up now.
Why do we say catch up?
Origin of To Catch Up
The original use of this phrase – which is still used today – means to run after someone in order to get near him. If you catch up with someone in this sense, you have met up with him after not being near him for some time.
How do you ask for a catch up?
Inviting an existing friend who you haven’t seen in a while to hang out
- “What have you been up to lately? Do you want to get lunch and catch up?”
- “Wow, we’ve both been busy this month. I’m free next week. Want to come over to my place? We can throw some food on the BBQ and fill each other in on what we’ve been doing?”
How can I catch up with a friend?
15 ways to catch up with friends
- Invite them to your house. …
- Go on a walk or hike together. …
- Run errands together. …
- Take a low-key class together. …
- Do non-awful outside chores together. …
- DIY your space together. …
- Invite them on a long drive. …
- Explore your city’s touristy stuff.
How do you use the word catch up?
1) I have to catch up on my sleep. 2) You walk on and I’ll catch up with you later. 3) I ran after her and managed to catch up with her. 4) He loves to catch up on the news after a trip abroad.
Was good catching up?
It means that it was nice meeting you. Something like a good follow up conversation with a person.