What is a wrap up sentence examples?
to complete or finish something: It’s getting late – let’s wrap it up. She wrapped up a deal just before she left on vacation.
What does wrap it up mean?
transitive verb. 1 : summarize, sum up. 2a : to bring to a usually successful conclusion. b : cinch, sew up has the nomination wrapped up.
How do you use wrap up in a sentence?
clothe, as if for protection from the elements.
- Make sure you wrap up in the cold wind.
- Wrap up warmly – it’s bitter outside.
- We’re hoping to wrap up the negotiations this week.
- Wrap up well – it’s cold outside.
- Make sure you wrap up warm – it’s freezing.
- She told them to wrap up warm / warmly.
What is wrap sentence?
to cover or surround something with paper, cloth, or other material: She wrapped the present and tied it with ribbon. … The package was wrapped in plain brown paper. She came downstairs after her shower, wrapped in a towel. His head was wrapped in swathes of bandages.
What is a wrap up in an essay?
A conclusion is what you will leave with your reader. It “wraps up” your essay. It demonstrates to the reader that you accomplished what you set out to do. It shows how you have proved your thesis. It provides the reader with a sense of closure on the topic.
Is it rap up or wrap up?
wrap-up (rap′up′), n. a final report or summary:a wrap-up of the evening news. the conclusion or final result:the wrap-up of the election campaign.
How do you write a wrap up?
Writing your wrap-up article can be as simple as writing an introduction, listing and linking the past articles, and writing a conclusion. Use the introduction or conclusion to explain why this particular content grouping is valuable and how to use the information.
What’s a synonym for wrapped up?
In this page you can discover 54 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for wrap-up, like: complete, bring to an end or a conclusion, summary, polish off, sum, recapitulation, closing, ending, words, run-through and summation.
Where does the saying wrap it up come from?
During the 40’s and 50’s, the order to conclude a day’s shooting of a movie scene was expressed as wrap it up, sometimes followed by “Print it.” This was recorded in movies about movies: In Vincente Minnelli’s 1952 film, “The Bad and the Beautiful,” a cost-conscious studio executive played by Walter Pidgeon complains …
What does wrap up mean in business?
To wrap up This is a common way to end a meeting and means to bring something to an end, often with a short summary.
What is wrap up meeting?
2. The definition of a wrap up is a summary or final action. The summary of the topics covered by the speakers at the end of a meeting is an example of a wrap up. noun. 7.
What is the sentence of wrapped?
Wrapped sentence example. It’s in the freezer, in a plastic bag wrapped with foil. He took ten gold pieces from his table and wrapped them in the little letter. Jule wrapped his arms around her.
How do you use surrounding in a sentence?
Surrounding sentence example
- Talon booked up all the surrounding hotels. …
- The surrounding mountains are lofty and rugged. …
- I’ll do some digging in the surrounding areas. …
- It was the mystery surrounding the family that kept her mind occupied – and Yancey. …
- Surely you dwell here or in one of these surrounding towns.
What is the meaning of it is a wrap?
—used to say that the filming of a movie or television show or one of its scenes is finished It’s a wrap, folks. We can go home now.
How can I use make in a sentence?
Make sentence example
- Drowning your sorrows in eggnog will only make you feel worse in the long run. …
- That does make sense. …
- You make a difference. …
- Did you make any real progress? …
- They didn’t make it to the restaurant. …
- It shouldn’t make any difference if he’s adopted.