What is a sentence for windup?
Examples of windup in a Sentence
Noun the windup of the negotiations He went into the windup, then threw the pitch.
How do you use wind up?
to close a business, especially when it is not successful and has debts: The company was wound up in February with debts of $5.2 million. to end a meeting, discussion, or an activity: We need to start winding up now as someone else has booked the meeting room.
What are wind up phrases?
To bring something to a finish; end something: We need to wind up this project before January. This card game is fun, but let’s wind it up before dinner. 5. To put something in order; settle something: She wound up her affairs before leaving the country.
How do you use winding in a sentence?
Winding sentence example
- We are gaining speed, not winding down. …
- They continued up a winding path toward the top of the lowest of the mountains. …
- She stared at him, her insides winding into a tight ball. …
- It moved silently and quickly down the winding road through the forest.
Is it windup or wind up?
wind up: … to become ultimately:to wind up as a country schoolteacher. Sport[Baseball.] (of a pitcher) to execute a windup.
Is winded up correct?
1. To come or bring to a finish; end: when the meeting wound up; wind up a project. 2. To put in order; settle: wound up her affairs before leaving the country.
Have the wind up meaning?
British, informal. : to become/be afraid or nervous When they started questioning him, he got the wind up.
What does a wind up mean in slang?
(intr) informal to end up (in a specified state)you’ll wind up without any teeth. (tr; usually passive) to involve; entanglethey were wound up in three different scandals. (tr) to hoist or haul up. (tr) British slang to tease (someone)