How do you reset an iPhone while setting it up?
If you already completed the setup, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you haven’t completed it yet, press the home button and then tap “Start Over.” – If not successful and you can’t fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain.
How do I quick start after setting up my iPhone?
Set up your new device with Quick Start
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device.
- A screen appears on your current device that offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device. …
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device. …
- Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device].
How do I wipe my iPhone before selling it?
How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode.
How do I transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setting up?
Transfer data to new iPhone: How to use iCloud backups and restoring
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now. …
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone or if you’re going to move it to your new one.
How do you wipe out an iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device. …
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
When setting up a new iPhone do you put the SIM card in first?
First, swap your SIM card into your new device. Then bring your new iPhone close to your old one, and confirm that you want to use the same Apple ID on the new device.
How do I logout of my iPhone when I sell it?
Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. …
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password.
When you reset your iPhone does it erase everything?
Resetting your iPhone basically erases all of your personal information from the phone. The factory settings will, however, be retained. It’s a straightforward and no iPhone reset code is required.
Method 2: Hard reset an iPhone with Home + Power buttons
- Hold the sleep/wake button ( It is located on the right side of iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus. …
- Hold them both until you see the screen go black. …
- Wait until the silver Apple logo appears.
- When this happens, you can let go – the iPhone is rebooting.