What can I say instead of shut up?
Synonyms of ‘shut up’
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
What is the real definition of shut up?
transitive verb. : to cause (a person) to stop talking. intransitive verb. : to cease writing or speaking.
What word type is shut up?
Shut up is a verb – Word Type.
What to do if someone tells you to shut up?
Here are some funny and playful comebacks to shut up that will get them back good.
- 01“Awww, are you having a bad day?” …
- 02“I will not be silenced!” …
- 03“Make me.” …
- 04“Your wish is my command.” …
- 05“Roses are red, violets are blue. …
- 06“If you don’t wanna hear me, cover your ears.”
Is there a nice way to say shut up?
In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for shut up, like: be-quiet, quit chattering, stop talking, hush up, hush, silence, shut, dummy-up, keep-mum, close and quiet.
What technique is shut up?
Shut Up & Write is based off the Pomodoro Technique, consisting of four 25-minute ‘sprints’ with a 5-minute break in between. During a sprint, your aim is to write as many words on your topic or assignment. No talking. Each session has four sprints.
Is Badass a bad word?
Slang: Vulgar. adjective Also bad·assed . (of a person) difficult to deal with; mean-tempered and sometimes violent.
How rude is shut up?
Shut up is a rude way to tell someone to stop talking. It can also be used an as exclamation of amazement or excitement.