How do you use warm up in a sentence?
Warm-up sentence example
- She dressed and went to the kitchen to warm up some food for him. …
- The session kicks off with a 10-minute progressive warm-up and finishes with a 10-minute cool-down and stretch. …
- A three-day sailing festival is the warm-up to three days of racing action.
Are warmups hyphenated?
noun The exercises that allow one to prepare for something, such as a game or performance. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated or spelled as a single word. I need to do my vocal warmups before I take the stage. 12.
Which is the correct order for a warm up?
The general warm up should consist of light physical activity, like walking, jogging, easy swimming, stationary bike riding, skipping or easy aerobics. Next, move on to static stretching.
Do you need warm up?
The bottom line. Although often overlooked, warmup exercises are an important part of any exercise routine. Your body needs some kind of activity to get your muscles warmed up before you launch into your workout. Warming up can help boost your flexibility and athletic performance, and also reduce your chance of injury.
What does it mean to warm-up to someone?
— phrasal verb with warm verb [ I/T ] /wɔrm/ to begin to like or enjoy someone or something: She was not a person who was easy to warm up to.
Warming up helps prepare your body for aerobic activity. A warmup gradually revs up your cardiovascular system by raising your body temperature and increasing blood flow to your muscles. Warming up may also help reduce muscle soreness and lessen your risk of injury.
How do you warm up before exercising?
Warm up for longer if you feel the need.
- March on the spot: keep going for 3 minutes. Start off marching on the spot and then march forwards and backwards. …
- Heel digs: aim for 60 heel digs in 60 seconds. …
- Knee lifts: aim for 30 knee lifts in 30 seconds. …
- Shoulder rolls: 2 sets of 10 repetitions. …
- Knee bends: 10 repetitions.
What are the examples of warm up exercises?
Some other examples of warm-up exercises are leg bends, leg swings, shoulder/ arm circles, jumping jacks, jumping rope, lunges, squats, walking or a slow jog, yoga, torso twists, standing side bends, lateral shuffle, butt kickers, knee bends, and ankle circles.
Should you warm up or stretch first?
It is very important that you perform the general warm-up before you stretch. It is not a good idea to attempt to stretch before your muscles are warm (something which the general warm-up accomplishes). Warming up can do more than just loosen stiff muscles; when done properly, it can actually improve performance.