How do you perform a performance tuning in Informatica?
Complete the following tasks to improve session performance:
- Optimize the target. …
- Optimize the source. …
- Optimize the mapping. …
- Optimize the transformation. …
- Optimize the session. …
- Optimize the grid deployments. …
- Optimize the PowerCenter components. …
- Optimize the system.
What is the default join in Joiner transformation?
Joiner Transformation in Informatica is very useful to load data into the Dimension tables in Data Warehouse. Normal Join: The Normal Join in Informatica is exactly similar to SQL Inner Join. It returns the records (or rows) present in both tables If there is at least one match between columns.
How do you implement performance tuning in the Informatica mapping tasks?
Always prefer to perform joins in the database if possible, as database joins are faster than joins created in Informatica joiner transformation. Sort the data before joining if possible, as it decreases the disk I/O performed during joining. Make the table with less no of rows as master table.
Which one is faster lookup or joiner in Informatica?
Sometimes joiner gives more performance and sometimes lookups. In case of Flat file, generally, sorted joiner is more effective than lookup, because sorted joiner uses join conditions and caches less rows. Lookup caches always whole file. If the file is not sorted, it can be comparable.
How can you increase the performance in Joiner transformation?
Use the following tips to improve session performance with the Joiner transformation:
- Designate the master source as the source with fewer duplicate key values. …
- Designate the master source as the source with fewer rows. …
- Perform joins in a database when possible. …
- Join sorted data when possible.
How can lookup transformation improve performance?
To improve performance, create a filter condition to reduce the number of lookup rows retrieved from the source when the lookup cache is built. Index the lookup table. The Data Integration Service needs to query, sort, and compare values in the lookup condition columns.
Why Joiner transformation is active?
The Joiner transformation is an Active and Connected Informatica transformation used to join two heterogeneous sources. The joiner transformation joins sources based on a specified condition that matches one or more pairs of columns between the two sources.
What are the settings that you have to configure in Joiner transformation?
The following settings are used to configure the joiner transformation.
- Master and detail source.
- Type of join.
- Condition of the join.
What are the limitations of the joiner transformation?
Limitations of Joiner Transformation
- We cannot use joiner transformation when the input pipeline contains an update strategy transformation.
- We cannot connect a sequence generator transformation directly to the joiner transformation.
How can we improve the performance of aggregator transformation in Informatica?
Use the following guidelines to optimize the performance of an Aggregator transformation:
- Group by simple columns.
- Use sorted input.
- Use incremental aggregation.
- Filter data before you aggregate it.
- Limit port connections.
How can we improve the performance of stored procedure transformation in Informatica?
2. Performance Tuning of an Informatica mapping
- Reduce the number of transformations. …
- Consider more shared memory for large number of transformations. …
- Calculate once, use many times. …
- Only connect what is used.
- Watch the data types.
- Facilitate reuse.
- Only manipulate data that needs to be moved and transformed.
How do you identify performance bottlenecks in Informatica?
Use the following methods to identify performance bottlenecks:
- Run test sessions. You can configure a test session to read from a flat file source or to write to a flat file target to identify source and target bottlenecks.
- Analyze performance details. …
- Analyze thread statistics. …
- Monitor system performance.
Why we use pushdown optimization in Informatica?
Pushdown optimization increases mapping performance when the source database can process transformation logic faster than the Data Integration Service. … The Data Integration Service applies pushdown optimization to a mapping when you select the pushdown type in the mapping run-time properties.
What is the difference between lookup and joiner transformation?
A joiner is used to join data from different sources. lookup is used to get related values from another table or check for updates etc in the target table.
What is the difference between union and joiner transformation in Informatica?
A Union transformation can merge data from multiple sources but does not combine data based on a join condition or remove duplicate rows, like a Joiner transformation. … The Joiner transformation supports Normal, Right Outer, Left Outer, and Full Outer JOINs. Include multiple input groups. Yes.