How do you use a prepayment electric meter?
If your home has a prepayment meter, it means that you pay for your gas or electricity before you use it – on a pay-as-you-go basis. This is done by buying credit, usually with a key or smart card, and adding this to the meter. As you use gas or electricity, the credit on the meter is used up.
How do I top up my pay as you go electric meter?
How do I top up for the first time?
- Put your key or card into the meter for at least a minute to activate it.
- Top up your key or card at a convenient Payzone or Post Office.
- Put the key or card into your meter. Electricity credit will transfer automatically.
How do I use my prepaid electricity token?
How do I load the pre-payment meter with electricity? When you purchase electricity you will receive a slip, an SMS or an e-mail (depending on the method of purchase). This slip will include the meter number and a 20 digit token. Punch the 20 digit token number into the meter, followed by the enter button.
How do I read my pay as you go electric meter?
Getting a reading on a digital meter
- Press the red button ‘A’ to turn the screen on.
- Once the screen’s loaded, press the red button ‘A’ twice.
- You should see a screen that says ‘Meter Index’ – this is your meter reading.
How do I activate my prepaid meter?
How to activate conlog prepaid meter
- If your prepaid meter number begins with 45 or 46, type in your meter number and press enter. …
- Type the 1st 20 digits of your meter activation token, then enter.
- Type the 2nd digits of your meter activation token, then enter.
How can I load my prepaid meter token?
The meter token is what you use to load the Prepaid Meter. When you have your token, go to your Prepaid Meter, open the card door of your unit and insert the meter smart card. Then enter the PIN code that is on your token and voila – your digital power consumption device is recharged.
What happens when your prepaid electricity runs out?
Prepaid meters automatically disconnect if the tokens run out. This can happen at any time, day or night, in an emergency, if you didn’t correctly calculate how long the beans will take to cook for supper or that your child forgot to iron his or her school clothes the day before.
How much is the standing charge on a prepayment meter?
The amount of the standing charge depends on where you live and what tariff and supplier you have. It’s usually around 28p a day.
Where can I top up my prepayment meter?
When your key is activated, you can top it up at either the Post Office or a shop which offers PayPoint or Payzone. Some electricity providers only use PayPoint and some only use Payzone, so it’s important to check before you go to top up. Find your nearest PayPoint and Payzone.
How do I use an electric key meter?
Using your electricity top up key
- Use up all the credit on your meter before you plug in your new key. …
- Plug your Bulb key into the meter and wait for 60 seconds. …
- Top up at your nearest Paypoint or Payzone. …
- After topping up, plug your Bulb key back into your meter and wait for 5 seconds.