What is a word for push up?
To increase the amount, level, or strength of. raise. increase. escalate. inflate.
How do you describe push-ups?
an exercise in which a person, keeping a prone position with the hands palms down under the shoulders, the balls of the feet on the ground, and the back straight, pushes the body up and lets it down by an alternate straightening and bending of the arms.
What is your push up?
Overview. Pushups are a simple and effective bodyweight movement that can help increase strength in your upper body and core. This exercise works the pectoral muscles in your chest and the triceps. These are the muscles in the back of your upper arms.
What’s short term?
1 : occurring over or involving a relatively short period of time. 2a : of, relating to, or constituting a financial operation or obligation based on a brief term and especially one of less than a year. b : generated by assets held for less than six months.
How do you do push ups?
How to Do a Push-Up
- Get down on all fours, placing your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Straighten your arms and legs.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Pause, then push yourself back up.
What is a pushup bra?
What are Push-Up Bras. These days, the term “push-up” is a catchall that refers to a bra designed with an underwire, padded cups or both. Underwires serve to lift the breasts from below while padding helps fill out the bust, and in some cases, create the impression of a larger cup size.
What are the 4 points of a pushup?
4 Rules for Effective Push Ups
- THE BODY POSITION. A push up isn’t only a triceps, chest and shoulder movement. …
- THE ARM POSITION. The arm position doesn’t really matter in terms of the perfect execution. …
- THE RANGE OF MOTION. This is quite simple. …
- THE SHOULDER BLADE MOVEMENT. This is a very neglected point.
What is knee push-up?
What Are Knee Push-Ups? The knee push-up, also known as a modified push-up, is a bodyweight exercise that works muscle groups throughout your upper body. Perform knee push-ups by placing your hands shoulder-width apart under your shoulders and resting your lower body on your knees.
What is push-up in physical fitness?
: a conditioning exercise performed in a prone position by raising and lowering the body with the straightening and bending of the arms while keeping the back straight and supporting the body on the hands and toes.